This site allows you to upload videos for playback anywhere on the Lynchburg College Network. Uploaded videos are converted to a web-friendly format, and should play without issues from any browser.
To upload a video, you must first log in. Then...
|If you have a digital video file (any format)|
||Just drag the file anywhere onto the web page and follow the instructions that appear.
|If you want to upload part of a DVD|
||First, you need to "rip" the video you want to upload, and save it as a file on your computer. Don't worry: This is very easy. Use HandBrake, a popular free program, to extract the video. Once the video is ripped to a file, you can upload it to the site by dragging the file anywhere onto the web page.
- First, download and install HandBrake (Windows, Mac and Linux versions are all available)
- Launch HandBrake and choose the High Profile setting
- Insert your DVD, then open HandBrake and choose the title you want to rip
- Rip the title from your DVD
- Once completed, drag the file onto this website to upload
|If you want to upload part of a VHS tape|
||First, you need to copy the video to a digital format, then upload the file. Contact Educational Technology to help you copy your VHS tape to a video file